Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation SPF15 - Review


A new Foundation by Bobbi Brown.

"Lightweight, oil-free foundation with all day wear. For Normal to Oily skin... natural, semi-matte finish... Stays fresh through heat and humidity... Absorbs excess oil to reduce shine... Helps reduce the appearance of pores".

This Foundation launched here in Germany on Saturday, and I got it in the shade sand 2. 
There are 20 available shades, and all look yellow-based (some look even a bit to yellowish). The only shade that didn't look yellow was cool beige (3.25). The range includes some very very light shades, so even women with very pale skin could get a good match. Since my perfect match with the "Skin Foundation SPF15" is sand, I thought the best thing would be to take the same shade. Well, I was wrong. The "Skin Foundation (SF)" sand in notably darker than the "Natural finish Foundation (NFF)" sand. So my first advise would be to get a new match. The NFF 'sand' is a bit too light on me. It is ok for now, but I will have to get a darker shade for summer. 

The Foundation is packed in a glass bottle with a comfortable pump. 30 ml cost is Germany 40€.

Application - Very easy to apply with my 187 brush. The only problem was, that it looked quite cakey and chalky on my nose, where my skin always seems to be dry. No matter what I did, it didn't look good on dry areas. I guess this foundation is probably not the perfect one for MY skin, but it might be perfect for oily skin or humid weather. I have combination skin with no visible dryness, but NFF looked very dry on my nose/chin.
This foundation is lightweight, very comfortable on the skin. 

Coverage - Sheer coverage. I tried to build a higher coverage, but it didn't really cover more. Maybe you can get a sheer-medium coverage, but not more than that. If you have a lot to conceal - this won't be good for you. It won't cover redness, for example.

Finish - As promised, semi-matte. It does look matte, but without any powdery finish. For me the finish is a bit flat and I miss the flawless-luminous finish I get with other foundations. BUT this is a personal preference.. If you like matte finish, you will like this foundation.
The complexion looks very natural (except for the dry patches) and it really looks as if you're not wearing anything.

Lasting Power - Very good. Stayed put for hours. The weather here is still cold, so I guess I will have to test it again when it gets warmer (if that ever happens..).

I think that the NFF is very very similar to the SF, and the only difference is the finish.. Personally, I prefer the flawless finish of the SF and I think it looks more natural on MY skin. 
If you have a normal-oily skin and if you are looking for a light makeup with matte finish - you might love the new Bobbi Brown Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment