Monday, February 1, 2010

CLARINS - Pure Melt Cleansing Gel - Review


"A gel that transforms into an oil, then into a milk... clarins reinvents cleansing with an innovative texture that eliminates even the heaviest make-up, while caring for your skin.
On application, a melting gel glides over the skin to dislodge make-up and impurities. 
Massaged in, it becomes an ultra fine oil which lifts off and dissolves impurities, providing skin with comfort thanks to Marula oil.
On rinsing, it's a milky emulsion which removes all impurities to leave skin fresh, clean and velvetly-soft."

OK, so that is what Clarins promises. And I quite agree. 
This product is a new form of cleansing oil. I LOVE cleansing oils and I use them for years as make-up removers. At the moment I am using the Shu Uemura skin purifier, and before that I was using the MAC cleansing oil. Both are liquid. The Clarins Cleansing gel has a gel consistency, but the idea is the same - You have to apply the gel with dry hands to dry skin and gently massage. As you continue to massage, the gel will transform into an oil. When rinsed with water it becomes a milk, that can be rinsed off completely. 
The product reminded me of the L'Oreal Demac series (which I don't know it still exists).

I think this is a great product. It left my skin feeling very soft and clean. It was very easy to use and it took all my make-up off. It can be used by ALL SKIN TYPES. I have a combination skin and I never broke out because of using cleansing oils. I think it is the best way to remove make-up. I don't use cleansing oil on my eyes, because they are extremely sensitive. But it is ok to so that. Personally, I always complete my cleansing routine with a liquid gel (at the moment - La Mer), but you don't really have to. I just feel better this way. 

The MAC cleanse off oil can be rinsed completely with water. The Clarins Cleansing Gel is more like the Shu Uemura skin purifier - It leaves a very thin oily layer on the skin. If you have a dry skin, you might want to leave it this way. I personally don't really like the feeling, so I go over with a regular cleansing gel. Another way to get rid of the oily film is to rinse it off with water, but very very gently - the hands should hardly touch the skin.

The Claring cleansing Gel comes in a very easy to use tube, containing 125ml. A little goes a long way, so one tube can last quite long. I don't remember the price, but I really think it is a wonderful product.

No comments:

Post a Comment