Thursday, November 26, 2009

Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF15


I am not a big fan of clinique foundations, mostly because I can never find a good color match.  According to Clinique, this foundation has a moderate coverage and a natural, luminous finish. This foundation is supposed to restore a brighter tone over time thanks to its minerals and vitamin C.


I got this foundation in NY, because in Germany (where I live) the color range is very poor. I took number 01, alabsster, which is the lightest shade and a neutral one (02 was very pinky). The packaging is wonderful - a squeezable bottle, which allows to control the amount of product coming out. 


The application was very easy with my MAC 187 brush and over the Laura Mercier primer. The coverage is medium and the look was flawless. It really really made my skin look naturally good. It didn't look as if I was wearing any foundation. Just as clinique promised - natural and luminous. The color match was perfect as well, at the beginning. This foundation has a natural-satin finish, and I don't think it will be good for oily skin. The first time I wore it, I powdered with the new clinique superbalanced powder, shade 01. The problem was, that after a couple of hours it became cakey and looked like a mask on my skin. In addition, it became darker, much darker. It also felt sticky..
I decided to try it again, with another powder, the MUFE HD Powder. And what a difference - Perfect look, for hours. It also got a bit darker through the end of the day, but much less then at the first time.


I can not say much about the skin-correcting qualities of this foundation, but the even better skin tone corrector didn't make any change for me. I have a combination skin and my no. 1 foundation at the moment is YSL teint resist (shade 02). 


A very good foundation for a natural, healthy look with a moderate-medium coverage and if you can find the right color match. If you have an oily skin - try before buying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment